CCP Games, the Iceland-based game development studio, announced 'EVE Anywhere,' a new way for players around the world to experience 'EVE Online.' EVE Online is one of the longest-running massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) still alive today, as it originally launched on May 6th of 2003. The game has since grown to be a digital space simulator with its own flushed-out society of players forming in-game corporations and governments.
EVE Anywhere allows players to stream EVE Online directly to a web browser. Previously, players would need to download the game to a PC computer with enough performance to run the title. Now, players can experience EVE Online from mobile phones, tablets, and even Chromebooks, while on the go. The only requirement for EVE Anywhere is a 25mbps internet connection and an installed version of a participating web browser. The web browsers supported by EVE Anywhere are Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari.
Image Credit: CCP Games
CCP Games Announced the EVE Anywhere Service for its MMORPG
1. Streaming Gaming Services - The trend of streaming gaming services is disrupting the video game industry, creating opportunities for game developers to reach a larger audience by eliminating hardware limitations and allowing gameplay on various devices.
2. Mmorpgs - The rise of massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) like EVE Online is disrupting the gaming industry by creating virtual worlds with their massive economies, political structures, and socially-connected player bases.
3. Cloud Gaming - Cloud gaming is disrupting the gaming industry by allowing players to stream games on any device without expensive hardware requirements, creating opportunities for game developers to reach a wider audience and monetizing through streaming platforms.
1. Video Game Development - The video game development industry has an opportunity to create streaming services like 'EVE Anywhere' to reach a larger audience, democratizing access to computer resources and hardware limitations.
2. Internet Service Providers - Internet service providers have an opportunity to create streaming gaming services or improve their current offerings by providing faster internet speeds, reducing latency and increasing the accessibility of cloud gaming services.
3. Technology Hardware - The hardware industry in technology has an opportunity to create devices specific to gaming or optimize existing ones to support the rise of cloud gaming and streaming services.