If you're trying to find the exit to a building in Vienna, look for the sign of the women running for the door. As part of Vienna's "Gender Mainstreaming" project, exit signs and traffic lights will now feature female instead of male characters. Sonja Wehsely, the Vienna city councilor in charge of women's affairs said "Because it clashes with fixed visual habits, the campaign compels people to think, look, and act differently." On the flip side, signs that traditionally show women will now show men, such as baby changing stations. Don't worry, signs for the WC won't be changing.
1. Gender-balanced Signage - Opportunity for companies to create gender-neutral or equal representation signage.
2. Disruptive Campaigns - Using campaigns to change visual habits and compel people to think, look, and act differently.
3. Gender Equity Initiatives - Initiatives that address gender inequalities and promote gender equity in society.
1. Advertising - Creating gender-equitable advertisement campaigns and rebranding materials, products, and services.
2. Manufacturing and Design - Designing new signage and manufacturing materials to promote gender balance and equity.
3. Government and Policy - Developing and implementing policies and regulations that promote gender equity in society.