The Energy Cube will probably bring a few things to mind, including the disco era and Michael Jackson's 'Billie Jean' music video. Although it definitely does have quite the psychedelic presence, there is more to it than simply looks.
Conceived by Lindner Group, a company hailing from Arnstorf, Germany, the Energy Cube was built for Konstanz Municipal Utility's new customer center. It boasts a high-power solar facade that possess technical properties that are "quite unique worldwide, and only six months ago would have been inconceivable," stated by Arnold Wild, Head of the Construction and Real Estate Dept. at the utility and the designer of the Energy Cube. This four-storey building that generates more energy than it consumes, which is surprising considering its colorful, nighttime show.
The Energy Cube Structure Features a High-Powered Solar Facade
1. Solar Facade - Opportunity for companies in the construction and architecture industries to incorporate high-powered solar facades into building design.
2. Energy-positive Buildings - Opportunity for innovation in creating more buildings that generate more energy than they consume.
3. Psychedelic Architecture - Opportunity for architects and designers to explore dynamic and eye-catching building design to draw attention and enhance aesthetics.
1. Construction - Companies in the construction industry can explore creating buildings that generate more energy than they consume to reduce environmental impact.
2. Architecture - Architects can explore the use of high-powered solar facades as a way to incorporate sustainable design into buildings.
3. Renewable Energy - Renewable energy companies can work on developing new solar technologies that can be incorporated into building facades and design.