Bio Mapping is a research project which explores new ways that we as individuals can make use of the information we can gather about our own bodies. Instead of security technologies that are designed to control our behaviour, this project envisages new tools that allows people to selectively share and interpret their own bio data.
The Bio Mapping tool allows the wearer to record their Galvanic Skin Response (GSR), which is a simple indicator of emotional arousal in conjunction with their geographical location. This can be used to plot a map that highlights point of high and low arousal. By sharing this data we can construct maps that visualise where we as a community feel stressed and excited.
1. Bio Mapping - Opportunity for developing wearable technologies that analyze and interpret emotional data.
2. Emotional City Maps - Opportunity for creating visual representations of community's emotional states based on geographical location.
3. Selective Data Sharing - Opportunity for developing tools that allow individuals to choose and share their personal emotional data.
1. Wearable Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity for developing wearable devices that measure and analyze emotional responses.
2. Data Visualization - Opportunity for creating visual representations of emotional data in geographical contexts.
3. Privacy and Personal Data - Opportunity for building tools that empower individuals to selectively share their personal emotional data.