Refrigerators are indispensable to the Western lifestyle, but until appliances like the Electrolux Future Fridge come to be, the chillers will continue to do a good job of cooling far more than they need to.
Niebo Design has come up with a solution. The bulk of the avant-garde kitchen contraption will be made of an extremely elastic polymer, allowing the consumer to start small, and the appliance to stretch as more shelf space is needed. Energy efficiency is the goal of this project, which translates to more fine-tuned temperature readings for different items based on necessity. This way, nothing will be kept cooler than it needs to be.
Some other neat features of the Electrolux Future Fridge are the doors, which become transparent when you touch them, providing a peak inside without letting the cold escape. The foods inside will also be kept within a tight embrace to make sure no freshness escapes.
The Electrolux Future Fridge Changes Shape to Fit Your Food
1. Elastic Polymer Refrigerators - The use of highly stretchable polymers in refrigerators allows for customizable and expandable shelf space, providing a disruptive innovation opportunity in the appliance industry.
2. Energy-efficient Temperature Control - Implementing fine-tuned temperature readings for different items in refrigerators leads to increased energy efficiency and presents a disruptive innovation opportunity in the energy sector.
3. Transparent Touch Doors - Refrigerators with doors that become transparent when touched offer a convenient way to check the contents without letting cold air escape, creating a disruptive innovation opportunity in the home appliance industry.
1. Appliance Industry - The elastic polymer refrigerators can revolutionize the appliance industry by providing customizable and expandable storage solutions.
2. Energy Sector - Energy-efficient temperature control in refrigerators presents an opportunity for innovation in energy consumption and sustainability.
3. Home Appliance Industry - Refrigerators with transparent touch doors can disrupt the home appliance industry by offering improved convenience and energy efficiency.