The electric moped startup, Revel, will be available to customers in Washington DC. The company will begin its entrance into the city with a four-month trial. Revel has stated that 400 models will be available in the city. The trail will run with approximately half of the units that are available in other cities that the Revel operates in.
Prices will be the same in Washington DC as other cities. Customers will pay $19 to sing up to the program, after that each ride costs $1 to start and $0.25 per minute of riding. However, users can 'pause' a ride, where the price is reduced to $0.10 a minute.
Prospective customers are required to be 21 years old, and two people can ride the electric moped at a time.
Image Credit: Revel
Revel Brings Electric Moped Rental Service to Washington DC
1. Electric Moped Rental - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Expanding electric moped rental services to new cities, providing convenient and eco-friendly transportation solutions.
2. Flexible Pricing Models - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introducing flexible pricing models for ride-sharing services, allowing users to pause rides and pay reduced rates.
3. Shared Electric Vehicles - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Implementing shared electric vehicles to reduce traffic congestion and promote sustainable urban mobility.
1. Transportation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing new transportation solutions through electric moped rental services, transforming urban mobility.
2. Ride-sharing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Revamping pricing models in the ride-sharing industry, increasing user flexibility and affordability.
3. Electric Vehicle - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Advancing the adoption of shared electric vehicles, revolutionizing the transportation sector with sustainable alternatives.