Eggs are a staple food in the diets of many, and often items present on every single shopping list. The Egg Minder has been designed for those who take these edibles seriously and want to keep informed about their freshness and supply.
Rafael I. Hwang invented this clever hi-tech system and handed it over to Quirky to put it into production. The product consists of an electronic egg carton that accommodates a generous 14 shells; it incorporates sensors and LED lights to keep track of each egg cup. An indicator illuminates when one has been sitting long enough to be close to expiration, urging you to cook with it next. You can even access the Egg Minder with a smartphone app to see how full your tray is in your fridge.
The Egg Minder Keeps Track of the Number of Shells and the Freshness
1. Smart Home Kitchen Gadgets - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating more connected and intelligent devices for the kitchen.
2. Food Storage and Tracking - Disruptive innovation potential in developing advanced systems for monitoring and managing food freshness and supply.
3. Integration of Iot in Consumer Products - Opportunity to disrupt the market by integrating IoT technology into everyday consumer products, such as egg cartons.
1. Kitchen Appliance - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in developing smart kitchen appliances that can monitor and track food items.
2. Food Packaging - Potential for disruptive innovation in creating intelligent packaging solutions that can provide real-time information about the freshness and quantity of food items.
3. Smart Home Technology - Disruptive innovation potential in developing interconnected home devices that can integrate with smartphone apps for easy monitoring and control.