This ebony bench is created in collaboration between celebrated designer Virgil Abloh and Richard Stark of Chrome Hearts. The furniture endeavor took the creatives five years to complete and the silhouette is quite interesting as the seating snaps in half.
The ebony bench is displayed as part of an installation at the Chrome Hearts NYC flagship. The furniture piece is presented alongside Louis Vuitton's Spring/Summer 2019 collection, ultimately mixing two industries and testifying for the inherent cross-pollination within design fields. In addition to this, Virgil Abloh also extends himself with his OFF-WHITE label by showcasing collaborative pieces between it and Chrome Hearts.
Alongside the ebony bench, the fashion-forward pop-up endeavor presents an interesting and engaging activation that delves into an interdisciplinary display of clothing and objects.
Virgil Abloh Collaborates on This Unique Piece of Furniture
1. Collaborative Furniture - The collaboration between Virgil Abloh and Richard Stark of Chrome Hearts showcases a disruptive innovation opportunity in the furniture industry.
2. Cross-pollination in Design - The mixing of industries in the display of the ebony bench and Louis Vuitton's collection highlights a disruptive innovation opportunity in the design field.
3. Interdisciplinary Displays - The fashion-forward pop-up activation featuring the ebony bench and clothing objects offers a disruptive innovation opportunity for immersive and engaging displays.
1. Furniture - The collaborative ebony bench introduces a disruptive innovation opportunity for the furniture industry.
2. Fashion - The cross-pollination of fashion and furniture showcased in the display offers a disruptive innovation opportunity for the fashion industry.
3. Retail - The interdisciplinary display of the ebony bench and clothing objects presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for the retail industry.