Fashion label Ralph Lauren is making larger and more apparent steps in the industry towards a more sustainable world -- the new Earth Polo marks its latest efforts. The brand set a goal for itself to remove at least 170 million plastic bottles from the oceans and landfills by the year 2025.
The shirt's design follows this footstep as it is entirely crafted from threads that have been sourced from recycled plastic bottles. The dyeing process also uses special zero-water technology. The Earth Polos are made from approximately 12 bottles per shirt and is made possible with the help of First Mile, which is an organization that is dedicated to positive social impacts and sustainability. The Earth Polos are available in the colors white, light blue, navy blue, and green.
Ralph Lauren's Earth Polo Tops are Entirely Made from Recyclables
1. Sustainable Fashion - The Earth Polo demonstrates the growing trend of fashion brands adopting sustainable practices, such as using recycled materials.
2. Plastic Waste Reduction - Ralph Lauren's goal to remove 170 million plastic bottles from the oceans and landfills highlights the increasing focus on reducing plastic waste.
3. Zero-water Dyeing - The use of special zero-water technology in the dyeing process showcases a trend towards more sustainable and eco-friendly manufacturing methods.
1. Fashion & Apparel - The fashion industry has the opportunity to innovate by incorporating more sustainable materials and manufacturing processes, as seen with Ralph Lauren's Earth Polo.
2. Environmental Conservation - Organizations dedicated to positive social impacts and sustainability, like First Mile, can disrupt the industry by promoting and supporting eco-friendly initiatives.
3. Waste Management & Recycling - The issue of plastic waste reduction presents an opportunity for the waste management and recycling industry to develop innovative solutions and technologies to tackle the problem.