This project aims to raise awareness about dying honey bees and colony collapse disorder by providing the species with a small first aid kit. Designer Hady Ghassabian Gilan is an aerospace engineering student at the University of Padua in Italy. The Bee Saver gadget is a plastic container filled with artificial nectar that is attached to a keychain for easy access.
If you are going on a walk and see some dying honey bees, you can set the Bee Saver down near them and they will hopefully come and have a drink. The biodegradable bio-plastic container is also shaped like a flower, so it will look even more appealing.
The functioning prototype is an entrant in the James Dyson Award competition. The creator hopes to launch a crowdfunding campaign for it as well.
The Bee Saver is Intended to Help Rescue Dying Honey Bees and Raise Awareness
1. Dying Honey Bees - Opportunity for the development of innovative solutions to combat colony collapse disorder and save honey bee populations.
2. First Aid Kits - Potential for the creation of new and specialized first aid kits tailored specifically for honey bees and other insects in need of rescue.
3. Awareness Campaigns - Room for the implementation of creative awareness campaigns that highlight the importance of honey bees and their role in ecosystems.
1. Environmental Conservation - Disruptive innovation opportunity to create sustainable solutions for the protection and preservation of honey bee populations.
2. Consumer Products - Opportunity to develop and market consumer-friendly bee first aid kits and related products.
3. Eco-tourism - Innovative potential to incorporate bee-friendly activities and educational experiences into eco-tourism offerings.