As much as you might like to feel the warmth of your coffee through the mug on your cold fingers the sensation can be scorching hot initially. The Dreps Porcelain Cup comes with a sort of inlaid sleeve that cushions your digits until the vessel cools down.
David Geckeler's thermos has been sculpted with elegant channels impressed into the sides and connected by a loop at the base. These slits are filled exactly with the application of a flexible strip of silicone that fits neatly up the shaft of the teacup.
This arrangement is different to the usual horizontal band sleeve but much more practical. It provides a place for your fingertips to grip on either side and can be shifted slightly once the Dreps Porcelain Cup is comfortable enough for the touch.
The Dreps Porcelain Cup Has a Mod Visual Accent that Protects Hands from Heat
1. Inset Mug Sleeves - Opportunity for mug manufacturers to incorporate inlaid sleeves to provide better heat protection and grip.
2. Elegant Channels - Potential for product designers to create elegant channels in porcelain cups that improve aesthetics and functionality.
3. Flexible Silicone Strips - Potential for silicone manufacturers to develop flexible strips that can be used as heat-resistant cushioning in various products.
1. Mug Manufacturing - Mug manufacturers can explore the use of inlaid sleeves to create innovative and safer products.
2. Product Design - Product designers can experiment with incorporating elegant channels into various products for improved aesthetics and functionality.
3. Silicone Manufacturing - Silicone manufacturers can expand their product offerings to include flexible strips for heat-resistant cushioning in different applications.