Once again Doritos is carrying on its contest for a crowd sourced Superbowl commercial and so far the Doritos 'Paranormal Activity' spoof by Max Gutierrez is one of the best. The ad features the setting of the low budget horror flick, with the couple asleep at night while they video tape the spooky spirit through the night. Rather than a ghost doing the terrorizing, the culprit that makes you jump is a little dog whose head has gotten too far in a Doritos bag.
Superbowl 46 is just around the corner and this Doritos 'Paranormal Activity' spoof is in high running. Doritos is known for their interactive ad campaigns, especially their chilling ones where users run around a haunted hotel room in video game fashion, but their Superbowl approach is neat too. Doritos lovers can involved. Winners of the competition will be aired during the Superbowl, ad space worth over $1 million.
Doritos 'Paranormal Activity' Spoof is in Competition to Crash Superbowl 46
1. Crowd-sourced Superbowl Commercials - The success of the Doritos 'Paranormal Activity' spoof shows the growing trend of crowd-sourced Superbowl commercials, providing opportunities for companies to engage consumers in shaping their brand messages.
2. Interactive Ad Campaigns - Doritos is known for their interactive ad campaigns, such as their haunted hotel room game, presenting an opportunity for companies to create engaging and immersive experiences that resonate with audiences.
3. Humorous and Memorable Commercials - With humorous spoofs like the Doritos 'Paranormal Activity' ad, brands can create memorable commercials that stand out during high-stakes events like the Superbowl, providing opportunities to build stronger brand awareness and affinity.
1. Snack Food Industry - As evidenced by Doritos' success, the snack food industry can leverage humor and innovation to create memorable and engaging brand campaigns that resonate with audiences and build brand loyalty.
2. Advertising Industry - The trend of crowd-sourced and interactive advertising campaigns presents opportunities for advertising agencies to adapt their strategies to better engage with consumers and create more personalized and impactful brand messages.
3. Entertainment Industry - Collaborations between brands and the entertainment industry, such as Doritos' partnership with Superbowl 46 to air commercials worth over $1 million, can create mutually beneficial relationships that drive engagement and awareness for both parties.