A great way to add personality to your home decor, this DIY door mat tutorial shows how to turn an unused rug into a fresh piece of brightly colored fruit. Perfect for indoors or outdoors, these fruit-shaped door mats are a great summertime project.
These fruit door mats are made from a circular rug that's been cut down the middle into two half-moon pieces. Each piece was then turned into a different fruit using a waterproof spray paint design. Create a stencil out of paper to help you lay out the design, and use brightly colored waterproof spay paint to evenly color the rug's bristles. You can customize these door mats to feature any fruit, but circle-sliced fruits work best for this DIY, like watermelons, lemons, oranges and limes. In the end you'll have an adorable fruit door mat that is refreshed and perfect for summer.
This Simple DIY Tutorial Turns Unused Rugs Into Fruit-Shaped Door Mats
1. Upcycled Home Decor - Explore how businesses can tap into the trend of repurposing unused items to create unique home decor pieces.
2. DIY Customization - Discover how businesses can cater to consumers' desire for customization by offering DIY tutorials and kits for creating personalized items.
3. Outdoor Summer Projects - Find opportunities for businesses in providing DIY projects and products that enhance outdoor spaces during the summer season.
1. Home Furnishing - The home furnishing industry can leverage the upcycled home decor trend by offering products made from repurposed materials, emphasizing sustainability.
2. Craft and Hobby - The craft and hobby industry can provide DIY customization resources and kits for creating unique and personalized home decor items.
3. Gardening and Outdoor Living - Businesses in the gardening and outdoor living industry can capitalize on the trend of outdoor summer projects by offering DIY project ideas, tools, and supplies.