Partnering with Toys“R”Us Canada, toy manufacturer Mattel recently fitted store locations with AR-powered doll displays that were easily accessed via an accompanying layar app. Once connected to the platform, store visitors were able to take part in an interactive shopping experience by scanning products to reveal hidden information, fun games and customizable content.
Despite of past criticisms, Mattel has evolved recently by introducing audiences to girl-empowering toy products, educational web apps and this immersive doll display that let Barbie fans of all ages check out its latest product range.
This in-store activation connected visitors to a downloadable Barbie Diary platform -- created in partnership with Brandfire Marketing Group -- that featured free integrated AR content. In addition to creating a memorable in-store experience, this activation also entertained both young and adult digital natives.
Mattel's App-Connected Barbie Display Features Scannable Products
1. Ar-powered Displays - AR-powered displays that enhance the customer shopping experience and provide interactive content.
2. Interactive Retail - Retail spaces that incorporate interactive technology to create unique and memorable experiences for customers.
3. Girl-empowering Toys - Toys that promote gender equality and empower young girls to explore their interests and abilities.
1. Toy Manufacturing - Toy manufacturers can create more interactive, technology-driven products that appeal to modern children and their parents.
2. Retail - The retail industry can utilize AR and other interactive technologies to enhance the shopping experience and create memorable in-store activations.
3. Marketing - Marketing professionals can partner with brands to create innovative and immersive experiences that engage both young and adult audiences.