I adore the barnacle-like sleeves in 'Pasarela 2009' by Dolhescu Sabina Mihaela. I can't help but wonder if Mihaela was inspired by the ocean; head to any dock and you're sure to see barnacles that resemble the bell sleeves in this photo shoot.
We've seen several iterations of the embellished shoulder. Avant-garde cues that typically remain on runways have made their way into mainstream fashion via the sleeves. See more shots of Dolhescu Sabina Mihaela's work above, and keep clicking for more fun shoulder fashions.
Is 'Pasarela 2009' by Dolhescu Sabina Mihaela Inspired by the Sea?
1. Embellished Shoulder - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new materials and techniques for creating unique embellishments on shoulder designs.
2. Avant-garde Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Push the boundaries of fashion by incorporating avant-garde elements into mainstream designs.
3. Ocean-inspired Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Merge fashion and nature by creating garments that draw inspiration from the beauty and textures of the ocean.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Experiment with new styles and materials to constantly redefine and reinvent the fashion industry.
2. Textile - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative textiles that can be used to create unique textures and embellishments on garments.
3. Art and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Merge fashion and art to create boundary-pushing designs that challenge traditional norms.