Design group Distil Union has put its own contemporary twist on Philips' SBA1100 and SBA1200 models that offers smaller and more practical characteristics.
According to Distil Union, the concept behind the speakers was to decrease the size, increase the quality of materials and create an iconic look. Based on how the aesthetics of SBA1100 and SBA1200, I'd say they made a clean sweep of their goals flawlessly. Instead of the standard tall rectangular speakers, the amplifiers take on a smaller, spherical shape that's divided into three separate parts, including the two speakers and a plug-in hub. When not being used, all three parts can be conjoined to form a full sphere that fits the palm of the hand. There's also ridges that allow for cable management.
The new look for Philips' SBA models is a clever concept that's clean, simple and functional.
Distil Union Gives Philips Speakers a Stylish Modern Look
1. Smaller-sized Speakers - The trend of creating smaller-sized speakers provides opportunities for companies to design more practical and portable audio devices.
2. Iconic Aesthetics - The trend of incorporating iconic aesthetics in speakers allows for unique and stylish designs that stand out in the market.
3. Modularity in Speaker Design - The trend of modular speaker design, such as conjoined spherical amplifiers, offers opportunities for customizable and versatile audio solutions.
1. Consumer Electronics - The consumer electronics industry can leverage the trend of smaller-sized speakers to create innovative audio products for tech-savvy consumers.
2. Home Audio - The trend of incorporating iconic aesthetics in speakers presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the home audio industry to differentiate their offerings in a crowded market.
3. Design and Manufacturing - The modularity trend in speaker design requires expertise in design and manufacturing, providing opportunities for companies specialized in creating customizable audio solutions.