Despite how these adorable digital pets appear in the images, they are not micro-beings. Instead, they are digital displays provided by a downloadable online application.
These interactive 3D pets are not only fun and visually stunning, but also serve to teach children the life stages of animals. They are interactive too, as each Jarpet contains multi-sensory technology.
This concept also allows for infinite types of animals to "own" and therefore learn about, which is ideal for kids who are interested in specific animals. I know I would be interested to learn about dinosaurs and unicorns (if available).
The Jarpet is a winner of a red dot award as a design concept winner, and by the looks of it, it certainly deserves it. It would be no surprise if one's room quickly turns into a zoo trying to collect the multiple digital pets available.
These Digital Pets are a Sound Solution to the Real Thing
1. Interactive Digital Pets - The trend suggests an opportunity for developers to create more interactive and educational digital pets for children and adults.
2. Multi-sensory Technology - The trend suggests an opportunity for developers to integrate multi-sensory technology in the development of future digital products and services.
3. Virtual Learning - The trend suggests an opportunity for educators to explore the integration of virtual learning platforms in teaching biology, animal life, and other related subjects.
1. Edtech - The trend suggests an opportunity for EdTech companies to tap into virtual learning platforms that can use interactive digital pets.
2. Gaming - The trend suggests an opportunity for gaming companies to develop more interactive, educational, and visually stunning digital pet games for children and adults.
3. Consumer Electronics - The trend suggests an opportunity for consumer electronics companies to develop more interactive and multi-sensory devices and products.