Iconic quick-serve restaurant chain Subway recently joined forces with Olo to launch a digital ordering system. The strategic new partnership will now allow Subway’s network of over 20,000 U.S. restaurants to seamlessly handle digital orders from third-party marketplaces such as Uber Eats, Skip The Dishes, and Ritual -- to name a few.
As noted by Marty Hahnfeld, the Chief Customer Officer of Olo, “We’re thrilled to partner with Subway in a time when establishing a common digital ordering layer has become crucial for restaurant excellence. Our experience in complex enterprise environments and menu synchronization has helped to make this digital integration a success.”
The new digital ordering system will appeal to the modern consumer looking to order food conveniently.
Image Credit: Shutterstock
Subway Partnered with Olo to Launch a Digital Ordering System
1. Digital Ordering Systems - This trend showcases the increasing adoption of digital ordering systems by restaurants to cater to the modern consumer's convenience.
2. Third-party Marketplace Integration - This trend highlights the integration of restaurant digital ordering systems with third-party marketplaces like Uber Eats, Skip The Dishes, and Ritual, enhancing customer reach and delivery options.
3. Menu Synchronization and Enterprise Integration - This trend emphasizes the importance of menu synchronization and complex enterprise integration for seamless digital ordering across multiple locations in large restaurant chains.
1. Restaurant Industry - The restaurant industry can leverage digital ordering systems to streamline operations, enhance customer experience, and increase revenue opportunities.
2. Food Delivery Industry - The food delivery industry can capitalize on the integration of restaurant digital ordering systems with third-party marketplaces, expanding their delivery network and service offerings.
3. Enterprise Technology Industry - The enterprise technology industry can develop solutions for menu synchronization and complex integration to meet the rising demand for digital ordering systems in large restaurant chains.