This architecturally designed dog kennel is an example of a modern pet accessory that may intrigue pet owners because of its interesting silhouette and the beloved sci-fi movie that inspired it. Simply named the Dog Pod, this design is the result of a collaboration between British architecture studio Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners and architect Mark Gorton. Submitted into a competition at Goodwoof—a one-of-a-kind dog event with "action-packed demonstrations, wellness workshops, treats, and plenty of play"—the architects involved in this project drew inspiration from Star Wars.
The silhouette of the architecturally designed dog kennel is tubular and has a hexagonal form. The feet of the piece mimic the feet of vessels that are designed to land on the moon.
Image Credit: Linda Stewart, courtesy of RSHP
Rogers Stirk Harbour & Mark Gorton Draw Design a Pet Product
1. Architecturally Designed Pet Accessories - As pet owners are seeking personalized and design-conscience pet products, opportunities exist for innovators to develop modern and architecturally inspired pet accessories.
2. Sci-fi Inspired Pet Products - As consumers are looking for products that reflect their interests in pop-culture and sci-fi, innovators can develop pet products that appeal to these interests and provide a unique option to the market.
3. Innovative Kennel Designs - As the market for pet products continues to grow, opportunities exist for innovative product designs that move beyond traditional kennel shapes and establish new forms for pets to interact with their surroundings.
1. Pet Industry - As the pet industry expands its offerings and services, there is an opportunity for companies to develop unique and architecturally inspired pet products that add to the growing market.
2. Home Decor Industry - As pet ownership continues to grow and consumers want to integrate their pets into their home decor, there is an opportunity for companies to develop modern and design-conscious products that both accommodate pets and blend into the home environment.
3. Architecture Industry - As interest in design-conscious pet products, there is an opportunity for architects and designers to expand their services into pet product design, providing a unique offering to clients looking for personalized and modern pet solutions.