Art and design website ingnant.de went to the Deenesh Ghyczy studio to meet up with the artist as part of the ‘Work in Progress’ project.
The German and Hungarian artist talks about his own unique style of portraiture that plays with layers and dimensions, making each subject appear as though they were filtered through some form of textured or paneled glass. He explains that he has a deep personal connection with each of his subjects and desires to portray the true nature of each person. He also discusses the process he undergoes for each painting, sometimes painting different angles of the same portrait and combining them into one whole image.
Getting a peek into the Deenesh Ghyczy studio gives us some insight into how the artist sees the world around him.
The Deenesh Ghyczy Studio Showcases the Artist's Inspirations
1. Dimensional Portraiture - Developing layered and textured portraits that convey a deeper sense of the subject's true nature offers opportunities for disrupting traditional portrait art.
2. Personal Connection Art - Making a personal connection with the subject being portrayed in art and creating a unique style around it opens new opportunities for redefining the portrait art industry.
3. Multi-angle Portrait Painting - The use of multiple angles to create a complete portrait allow new ways to portray subjects while experimenting with fragmented compositions and can lead to a new style of portrait art.
1. Fine Arts - Various fine art institutions can adapt to a more modern and innovative form of portraiture and art, which can potentially create a large market for consumers.
2. Photography - New techniques and tools can be developed that use multi-angle portraits that are then layered and textured through digital means to disrupt traditional photography and allow for new art forms.
3. Fashion - Designers can incorporate multi-angled and textured portraits into their work and create a new form of wearable art, such as patterns, prints, and textiles which open up opportunities for a new market and a new consumer demographic.