The 'Virgin McQueen' editorial in the Dazed and Confused November 2013 issue features intricately beaded Victorian-Inspired wear by esteemed label Alexander McQueen. The fashions, modeled by Kirsi Pyrhonen and Magdalena Jasek, are made up of voluminous ruffles, delicate lace overlay and high-necked Elizeabethan collars. The models also wore blinged, beaded and all-around bedazzled facial cages, giving the regal shoot an S&M-Inspired twist. One shot even features one of the girls in a Skull makeup design, which juxtaposes nicely with the genteel style.
The shoot is an extravagant, gothic-inspired twist on classic fashion photographed by Richard Burbridge. Fashion lovers will enjoy the painstaking detail of the pieces; the styled ensembles are literal works of art.
The Dazed and Confused November 2013 Features Noble Beading
1. Extravagantly Beaded Fashion - Opportunity for designers to incorporate intricate beadwork into their collections, adding a touch of luxury and opulence.
2. Victorian-inspired Fashion - Chance for brands to create modern interpretations of Victorian fashion, combining vintage aesthetics with contemporary elements.
3. S&m-inspired Fashion - Potential for designers to explore the edgy style of S&M fashion, incorporating bondage-inspired elements into their designs.
1. Fashion Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity for fashion designers to push boundaries and experiment with unconventional materials and themes.
2. Luxury Retail - Opportunity for luxury retailers to showcase and sell intricately beaded and Victorian-inspired fashion pieces, catering to niche clientele who appreciate high-end craftsmanship.
3. Editorial and Fashion Photography - Chance for photographers and stylists to create visually striking editorials inspired by gothic, Victorian, and S&M aesthetics, pushing creative boundaries and challenging traditional beauty standards.