A data compendium, the Human Face of Big Data began as a book, bringing a relatable angle to the gathering and representing of all sorts of information. Companies have long been tracking numbers to assist them with everything from sales and marketing to devising lucrative endeavors; however, the average Joe has developed a fascination for quantifying various aspects of his own life too.
Rick Smolan worked with digital designer Dan Marcolina to visualize all sorts of fascinating information that will appeal to the individual. The result is a mesmerizing collection of artistic graphics that can be accessed in an iPad app. Statistics involving the environment, health, relationships and productivity are all brought together in intriguing and engaging ways, helping to explain the power of big data and to change lives with it for the positive. In addition, what can be more human and good than donating 100% of the profits to charity: water?
The Human Face of Big Data App Graphically Captures the Information Age
1. Data Visualization - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop interactive and visually appealing data visualization tools that make complex information more accessible and engaging for users.
2. Quantified Self - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create personalized data tracking apps and devices that empower individuals to monitor and improve various aspects of their lives.
3. Cause Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate societal impact into business models by donating profits to charitable causes, fostering consumer loyalty and positive brand image.
1. Information Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop advanced data visualization software and hardware to meet the growing demand for user-friendly data representation.
2. Healthcare - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design wearable devices and mobile apps that enable individuals to track and manage their health metrics for improved well-being.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate cause marketing strategies into campaigns, aligning brands with societal causes to drive customer engagement and loyalty.