The art of developing a visual identity for a product involves the amalgamation of symbols that condense the character of the brand. In the case of Darling Dog Food packaging, information concerning the qualities of the contents and the consumer and his age are displayed cleanly, efficiently and cutely in a simplified style with a minimal color palette.
The face of a puppy is drawn from the iconic form of a bone or dog treat, accentuated by the inclusion of eyes, a tongue and the tip of a nose. The addition of a mustache or spectacles further serves to represent the maturity of the mongrel, indicating the age group that each bag of food has been prepared to feed. Dima Je's Darling Dog Food packaging is embellished by only one more band of colored ink as a notation for the flavor of the kibble within.
Darling Dog Food Packaging Combines Canine Icons for a Clever Image
1. Simplified Packaging - Opportunity to develop packaging designs that use minimal color palettes and simplified symbols to effectively communicate product information.
2. Iconic Branding - Potential to create iconic branding that condenses the character of the brand through the use of recognizable symbols.
3. Clever Messaging - Chances to incorporate clever messaging that resonates with consumers and effectively communicates the qualities of the product.
1. Pet Food - Opportunity for pet food companies to differentiate their products through unique and clever packaging designs that resonate with both consumers and their pets.
2. Consumer Goods - Potential for consumer goods companies to adopt simplified packaging and iconic branding to effectively communicate product information and differentiate themselves from competitors.
3. Design - Chances for designers to develop innovative packaging concepts that use minimalism and clever messaging to create unique and effective branding for various industries.