I like guns and all that is badass, and 'Dark on Grey' by Linas Justice delivers these themes in spades. The dimly-lit shoot features gun-toting punk females smoking and scowling, brandishing their weapons in a dark outdoor setting. Although the lack of light in this shoot forced me to squint to see much of its inherent detail, I think that's the point.
See more from 'Dark on Grey' by Linas Justice above.
Implications - "WOMANLY POWERS"
Any ad or product that empowers women is definitely a great marketing tool because women like to know that their womanly powers are recognized just as much as men's are. Taking women and showing them being tough and strong is a great way to appeal to them.
'Dark on Grey' by Linas Justice Engages in Various Badassery
1. Gun-toting Females - Empowerment of women through portrayal as tough and strong in media and advertising.
2. Dark and Edgy Aesthetics - Preference for shadowy and gritty visuals in fashion and photography.
3. Badassery Culture - Growing interest in guns and themes associated with edgy and rebellious behaviors.
1. Fashion - Opportunity for brands to incorporate tough and dark aesthetics into clothing lines and visual marketing campaigns.
2. Photography - Opportunity for photographers to experiment with shadowy and edgy themes and to capture empowering images of women.
3. Retail - Opportunity for retailers to appeal to consumers by showcasing edgy and empowering products and advertising campaigns.