Daniel Ehrenworth has made a career for himself shooting the odd and unusual moments of every day life. The eerie, yet enchanting photos that shower his portfolio feel almost happenstance or accidental, which adds to their charming nature. Struggle is a common theme throughout his works and his various exhibitions have seductive titles such as 'Holocaust Dream' and 'Portrait of the Artist as a Drowned Man.' The photo series featured above, a personal favorite, is entitled 'Curse. Sleep. That's The Thing About Trouble.' This title is more than telling of this bewitching photo story.
The Canada native grew up in Ottawa and works in Toronto as a commercial photographer whose clients include Macleans, Toronto Life, Financial Post and many more.
Implications - Photography is an artform whose primary element is the story it tells. Viewers are intrigued by photos that offer an alternative perspective on everyday life than the one visible to the naked and ordinary eye. That being said, true insight is a key component of today's popular art.
Daniel Ehrenworth Captures Dark and Mysterious Moments
1. Alternative Perspective Photography - This trend focuses on capturing unique and unconventional moments that offer a different perspective on everyday life, creating intriguing and thought-provoking visual stories.
2. Eerie and Enchanting Photography - In this trend, photographers create dark and mysterious photos that evoke a sense of intrigue and charm, capturing moments that feel almost accidental or happenstance.
3. Storytelling Through Photography - This trend emphasizes the importance of storytelling in photography, where the photographer's ability to convey a narrative or message through their images is highly valued.
1. Art and Photography - Artists, photographers, and galleries can explore the possibilities of alternative perspective photography, creating captivating and unconventional visual stories.
2. Media and Publishing - Magazines, newspapers, and online publications can leverage eerie and enchanting photography to attract and engage audiences, offering unique and captivating visual content.
3. Advertising and Marketing - Brands and marketers can use storytelling through photography to evoke emotions and create meaningful connections with their target audience, allowing them to communicate their brand message in a powerful and creative way.