A video of US Marines doing an aerobic dance workout has become a viral hit on the internet. It was first posted on MySpace as "Cha Cha Slide USMC Style" where it has since spread to many US blogs. The Marines are dancing and shimmying around a workshop worktable to the 1996 dance track by DJ Casper.
Fans enjoyed their moves, their sense of fun and admired their physiques. The Celebutopia website joked, "This video is oddly entertaining and entrancing. If they're taking requests, I'd like to see the Macarena next." Presumably that comment referred to the famous dance videos by Filipino inmates which were a big hit in 2007.
Military Men Do the 'Cha Cha Slide'
1. Viral Dance Videos - Opportunity for brands to create viral dance videos to engage with their audience.
2. Fitness in the Military - Potential for innovative fitness programs and workouts specifically designed for military personnel.
3. Online Dance Communities - Opportunity to create a platform for dancers to connect and share their dance moves online.
1. Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop interactive dance experiences for virtual reality devices.
2. Fitness - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create smart fitness equipment and wearable tech specifically for dance workouts.
3. Social Media - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Build AI-powered dance recommendation algorithms to personalize dance content for users.