UNINTERRUPED launches its custom hoodies once again to support LGBTQIA+ causes in honor of Pride month this June. The brand works in collaboration with Sue Bird and Megan Rapinoe to make it possible. The project is to raise awareness and protection of the queer youth community and offering the ones who have experienced injustice or attacks the support that they need.
Notably, the brand is celebrating the life of Nigel Shelby, a young boy who lost his life to suicide caused by homophobic abuse. The collaborative project also features the contributions of Athletes 4 Impact, a non-profit organization that promotes change and educates people towards acceptance. The colors of the hoodies available include baby blue, heather gray, and vegas gold.
Image Credit: UNINTERRUPTED
UNINTERRUPTED Re-Launches Sweaters to Support LGBTQIA+ Causes
1. Custom Pride-honoring Hoodies - Opportunity for brands to create customized hoodies that support LGBTQIA+ causes during Pride month.
2. Collaborative Activism - Increasing trend of partnerships between brands, athletes, and non-profit organizations to raise awareness and support marginalized communities.
3. Youth Advocacy - Growing emphasis on providing support and protection to LGBTQIA+ youth who have experienced injustice or attacks.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can seize the opportunity by creating Pride-themed clothing that donates a portion of the proceeds to LGBTQIA+ organizations.
2. Non-profit - Non-profit organizations can collaborate with brands and athletes to raise funds and awareness for LGBTQIA+ causes, particularly around Pride month.
3. Sports - Sports industry can engage in social activism by partnering with brands and non-profits to support LGBTQIA+ communities and educate towards acceptance.