The future of drinking is here and it comes in the form of the world's first cryptobeer vending machine. Making its debut at Consensus, a recent a blockchain technology summit, the brew-dispensing machine could change the way consumers order drinks.
The new cryptobeer vending machine is essentially an age-verifying ATM that was created in partnership with Anheuser-Busch InBev. To use the machine, users start by downloading the Civic App, which leverages a blockchain-based system to verify the age of each user. If the user is of legal drinking age, they can then use the app to scan a QR code and the machine will instantly dispense a 12-ounce can of ice cold Budweiser.
While there is significant room for error when it comes to age verification done by bartenders and store clerks, this new machine could help to minimize errors and reduce the ability of minors to get their hands on alcohol.
Image Credit: Civic.
Civic Has Debuted the World’s First 'Cryptobeer' Vending machine
1. Cryptobeer Vending Machines - The introduction of cryptobeer vending machines revolutionizes the way consumers order drinks and verifies their legal drinking age using blockchain technology.
2. Blockchain-based Age Verification - The use of blockchain technology for age verification disrupts traditional methods, minimizing errors and reducing underage access to alcohol.
3. QR Code Beverage Dispensing - QR code scanning for instant beverage dispensing provides a convenient and efficient solution for consumers in the drink ordering process.
1. Beverage Dispensing - The introduction of cryptobeer vending machines presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the beverage dispensing industry by leveraging blockchain technology for age verification.
2. Alcohol Retail - Blockchain-based age verification has the potential to disrupt the alcohol retail industry by minimizing errors in age verification and reducing underage access to alcohol.
3. Blockchain Technology - The application of blockchain technology in the age verification process opens up disruptive innovation opportunities across various industries, including beverage dispensing and alcohol retail.