Selfridges, a London store, has the right attitude toward credit crunch fears, belt-tightening with their new Credit Crunch Chocolate. Their new luxury candy line allows buyers to treat themselves to something deliciously decadent but that won’t cost the Earth. The hokey pokey honeycomb pieces are heavily coated with heavenly dark or milk Valrhona chocolate.
The hand made candy was a collaborative effect by restaurateur and food writer Laura Santini and The Chocolate Society to celebrate National Chocolate Week earlier in the year.
If You Can't Beat it, Eat it!
1. Luxury Treats for Less - Offering decadent treats in an affordable price range to cater to the increased demand of cost-effective luxuries.
2. Indulgent Discount Products - Making discounted versions of popular products that continue to provide a sense of indulgence and luxury during an economic downturn.
3. Collaborative Limited Editions - Creating limited edition products in collaboration with popular brands, to attract customers with the added novelty of exclusivity and importance.
1. Confectionery Industry - Introducing affordable yet luxurious options in the confectionery industry to cater to budget-conscious consumers.
2. Hospitality Industry - Partnering with renowned chocolatiers to introduce exclusive chocolate collections as guest room amenities in luxury hotels.
3. Retail Industry - Collaborating with famous food writers and chefs to curate exclusive discount products, creating special and novel experiences for retail shoppers.