Kid Made Modern releases a unique crayon set that is sure to capture the attention of consumers due to its strong references to Impressionist and Expressionist painters.
The 'Smush Crayons' are the result of a partnership between Todd Oldham's company and the Museum of Modern Art's Design Store. The creativity-enhancing product is developed through the melting of different colors within one drawing utensil. However, the colors that were chosen for each token in the crayon set are anything but random. In fact, Kid Made Modern and MoMA derived the palettes from three masterpieces in the contemporary gallery's collection. This includes Van Gogh's 'Starry Night,' Claude Monet's 'Water Lilies,' and the 'Untitled' abstract work by Alma Thomas. As a result, the crayon set definitely carries a unique characteristic with itself that will surely make it stand out.
Kid Made Modern's 'Smush Crayons' Carry a Distinct Artistic Value
1. Artist-inspired Crayon Sets - Opportunity for companies to create artist-inspired crayon sets that pay homage to famous artworks, providing a unique and educational coloring experience.
2. Creativity-enhancing Products - Creating products that enhance creativity, like the 'Smush Crayons,' can attract consumers seeking unique and engaging artistic experiences.
3. Collaborations with Museums - Partnering with museums to develop creative products can result in unique offerings that stand out in the market.
1. Toy Industry - The toy industry can benefit from the creation of artist-inspired crayon sets, offering children a creative and educational playtime experience.
2. Art Supplies Industry - Companies in the art supplies industry can explore the development of creativity-enhancing products like the 'Smush Crayons' to cater to artists and art enthusiasts.
3. Museum Retail Industry - Collaborating with museums to create exclusive products, such as artist-inspired crayon sets, can attract customers looking for unique and cultural souvenirs.