The Yays - Crane Apartment is a truly one-of-a-kind housing invention in that it consists of a 1950s-era harbor crane that has been converted into an exceptionally charming apartment.
Developed by Yays Concierge Boutique Apartments as part of a collaboration with noted designer Edward van Vliet, the Yays - Crane Apartment features a bedroom that's situated in the original crane's machine operator room. What's more, this apartment features all the necessities of the modern, space-saving apartment such as a storage-embedded staircase, not to mention a quaint terrace that can be accessed via a ladder.
Much of the hype surrounding reimagined apartment-dwelling has focused on the use of shipping containers, and while this is unquestionably an innovative application, the idea of a harbor crane apartment allows for a different level of luxury and space.
Image Credit: Yays
The Yays - Crane Apartment is Located Inside a 1950s Harbor Crane
1. Harbor Crane Living - The trend of converting harbor cranes into living spaces offers a unique and luxurious living experience that could disrupt the traditional apartment industry.
2. Space-saving Apartments - The trend of incorporating space-saving features into apartments can lead to disruptive innovation in the real estate industry by providing more efficient and affordable housing options.
3. Aesthetic Living - The trend of incorporating unique and stylish design elements into apartments can create disruptive innovation opportunities in the interior design industry.
1. Real Estate - The real estate industry could innovate by offering more unique and luxurious living spaces like converted harbor cranes.
2. Architecture - Architects could innovate by incorporating more space-saving features into apartment designs to increase efficiency and affordability.
3. Interior Design - The interior design industry could innovate by offering more unique and stylish design options for apartment living spaces like the Yays - Crane Apartment.