KickStarter project PubCakes has garnered a ton of attention for their ingenious dessert creation that combines all the splendor of a soft and fluffy cupcake with the deliciousness of a solid craft beer recipe.
PubCakes was started by a cake designer by the name of Misty Birchall who wanted to spread her baking skills throughout North America. To do this, she created a cake mix with the help of KickStarter to sell in grocery stores and bakeries around the continent. This mix uses the richness of craft beer along with the sweetness of a cake mix to produce a surprisingly delicious confection.
Craft beers are growing in popularity all over the world, as many people switch from big brands like Budweiser in favor of their local breweries, from Flying Monkey to Steamwhistle. This has caused a ton of interest in craft beer recipes, which makes Birchall's foray into the alcoholic baking industry a huge success and a brilliant plan. Hopefully her PubCakes will make their way to Canada soon: it's only a matter of time!
PubCakes Combine Scrumptious Cupcakes with a Delicious Craft Beer Recipe
1. Popularity of Craft Beer - The growing popularity of craft beers has created an opportunity to incorporate its flavors into other products, like cupcakes.
2. Alcoholic Baking - The rise of interest in craft beer recipes has opened up a market for alcoholic baking, as demonstrated by PubCakes.
3. Local Brewery Movement - The shift towards supporting local breweries has created a demand for products that utilize craft beer flavors, such as beer-infused cupcakes.
1. Craft Beer Industry - Craft breweries can explore collaborations with bakers and dessert makers to create unique craft beer-infused products.
2. Baking Industry - Bakers and dessert makers can capitalize on the popularity of craft beer by incorporating its flavors into their products, like beer-infused cupcakes.
3. Grocery Store Industry - Grocery stores can attract customers by offering craft beer-infused baking mixes and products, responding to the growing demand for alcoholic baking.