Sweater dresses are a perennial must-have for colder months, and celebrities have taken to the streets with this cozy fireside style.
I love Heather Graham's beaded nylons paired with a black and grey-striped sweater dress. This style is perfect for beefing up someone who is blessed with thinness, as stripes help to round out one's figure a bit.
Another option for those with a killer figure is a skin-tight sweater dress with long sleeves and a turtleneck. It adds a bit of elegance to this warm and classy look.
For those who have a bit more meat on their bones (like me), however, a sweater dress like the one in picture five is perfect. You don't want a sweater dress that clings, but you don't want to walk around looking like a circus tent either, so choosing the appropriate size is crucial.
Cozy Chic Sweater Dresses
1. Cozy-chic - The rise of cozy-chic sweater dresses present opportunities for retailers to innovate with comfortable, yet stylish winter wear.
2. Body-positive - A body-positive movement towards sweater dresses of all sizes presents an opportunity for retailers to disrupt the industry with inclusive sizing.
3. Sustainable Fashion - The trend of sweater dresses presents an opportunity for retailers to innovate with sustainable materials and production methods.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can capitalize on cozy-chic sweater dresses and evolve the design, production, and marketing of this trend.
2. Retail - The retail industry can embrace body-positive sweater dresses with a large focus on inclusive sizing - leading to new market growth.
3. Material Production - The rise in sweater dress demand presents an opportunity for material production innovation with sustainable and environmentally-friendly options.