The Cover Collection by Daphna Laurens is a series of storage containers that combine two materials for a striking effect. Made out of cork and aluminum, the textures of the two at once contrast and complement each other for a look that is dynamically minimalist. The fact that the aluminum hasn't been shaped from a single sheet, but instead takes on the aesthetic of a metal grille elevates the design to another level.
Making its debut during the Salone del Mobile 2012 at the Dutch Invertuals exhibition Untouchables Retouched, Cover Collection by Daphna Laurens focuses on the theme of vulnerability. The designers write, "By creating boundaries or setting up fences people believe they can create a certain level of safety. These divisions make curiosity turn into fear. [...]These objects aim to arouse that natural human quality, curiosity."
The Cover Collection by Daphna Laurens Juxtaposes Two Materials
1. Combining Materials - Using different materials together to create striking and dynamic designs.
2. Contrasting Textures - Bringing together materials with contrasting textures to create visual interest.
3. Minimalist Aesthetics - Creating minimalist designs that focus on simplicity and clean lines.
1. Home Decor - Using innovative material combinations in storage containers and other home decor products.
2. Furniture Design - Incorporating contrasting textures in furniture designs for a unique and visually appealing look.
3. Product Packaging - Using minimalistic aesthetics in product packaging to create a clean and modern brand image.