The ALPHA bench could easily be dubbed a 'Cotter Pin Seat' due entirely to the shape it takes on. That, or a tie pin. Although it looks like one big clasp, the piece of furniture was actually inspired by the symbol for infinity. The only issue with that fact is that the cotter pin seat isn't completely closed, yet the pointed end does suggest it could keep going on.
Designed by Verónica Martínez, the cotter pin seat is made out of solid surface KRION® in Snow White. Sleek, slim and durable, the bench can be used both indoors and out. It is so versatile, in fact, that it can even be used as a coffee table.
The ALPHA Bench by Veronica Martinez is Sleek and Simple
1. Minimalist Design - Embracing minimalist design principles can lead to innovative seating solutions using unconventional shapes.
2. Multi-functional Furniture - Creating furniture that can serve multiple purposes, such as the ALPHA bench doubling as a coffee table, allows for space-saving and versatile design options.
3. Material Innovation - Exploring new materials, like solid surface KRION®, opens up possibilities for sleek and durable furniture designs.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Incorporating minimalist design principles and material innovation presents opportunities for the furniture manufacturing industry to create unique and modern seating solutions.
2. Interior Design - The concept of multi-functional furniture aligns with the needs of interior designers who aim to optimize space and provide versatile design options for their clients.
3. Outdoor Furnishings - The durable and versatile nature of the ALPHA bench, which can be used both indoors and out, taps into the growing demand for innovative outdoor furniture solutions.