Italian fashion house Gucci introduces its new Cosmogonies capsule, where Alessandro Michele turns his attention to the stars and delivers a captivating range for the season. The runway unveiled transformative designs through performative angles, which is true to the designer and the brand.
The name of the capsule came into fruition as Michele read the Hannah Arendt essay written on Walter Benjamin. Referenced in the collection notes, Michele refers to Arendt stating, “How was he to live without a library, how could he earn a living without the extensive collection of quotations and excerpts among his manuscripts? [...] What can seem, at first sight, atomized and dispersed, like the stars in the sky, through Benjamin’s eyes becomes an assembly of complicity: a connective structure that lights up the darkness through the epiphany of a constellation.”
Image Credit: Alfredo Albertone
Gucci's Cosmogonies Capsule was Full of Captivating Looks
1. Constellation-themed Fashion - Luxury fashion brands can expand their offerings and provide a unique experience for consumers by incorporating celestial-inspired designs in their collections.
2. Inspiration From Literature - Using literature as a source of inspiration can be a trend in high fashion, combining the love of fashion with the love of literature to make fashion storytelling more interesting.
3. Performative Design - Creating attractive and captivating designs can be a trend in the fashion industry, finding ways to stand out with designs that are experimental, daring, and innovative.
1. Fashion - High-end fashion houses can adopt a more literary and narrative-driven approach in their collections, creating compelling stories and designs that attract and engage consumers.
2. Luxury Goods - Luxury brands can incorporate celestial-inspired designs into their products, creating a unique and captivating experience for consumers who desire exclusive and innovative products.
3. Art Industry - Fashion creatives can collaborate with artists to create unique designs that blend fashion and art, creating limited-edition collections that become valuable art collectibles.