Cory Richards might not be a household name, but he is a celebrity in his own right. A photographer who embarked on what appeared to be an impossible career, he turned it into an incredible one through his desire to experience all life had to offer. In particular, Cory Richards has focused on observations of struggle, a concept that has captivated him since a young age.
After dropping out of high school at the tender age of 14, Cory Richards took on many adventures, notably becoming the first American to successful reach the peak of Pakistan’s Gasherbrum II in winter. Constantly connecting with people, Cory Richards has captured countless of special moments for National Geographic and more.
Cory Richards Focuses on Life's Struggles in His Work
1. Adventure-based Photography - Opportunities for photographers to explore and capture moments in extreme and challenging environments that are not typically accessible.
2. Emotion-focused Photography - The trend of using photography as a medium to showcase honest depictions of human emotions and experiences.
3. Storytelling Photography - The rise of visual storytelling that captures personal narratives or struggles in a relatable way.
1. Photography Industry - A chance for photographers to differentiate themselves by pursuing unconventional and emotionally charged subjects.
2. Media and Publishing Industry - Opportunities to explore new forms of visual storytelling that reflect real-life human experiences.
3. Tourism Industry - The potential to offer adventurers an immersive and unique experience by providing opportunities to explore and capture extreme environments through photography.