Coral House, designed Group8, plays with color in a unique way to grab your attention: the silkscreen blinds in each of the condos are either orange, pink or purple and the overall effect is striking. When all the silkscreen blinds are open, the apartment complex looks like a completely different building.
The building itself is minimal and clean-looking with a huge amount of window space for each individual apartment. The architects of the Coral House wanted to create a connection to the outdoors by using huge windows because the design mandate called for no balcony.
The Coral House is remarkable in how such a simple concept (using silkscreen blinds) can add simple but emotive effect that really grabs your attention.
The Group8 'Coral House' Plays with Color to Capture Your Attention
1. Colorful Architecture - Exploring vibrant colors in architectural design presents an opportunity for buildings to captivate attention and create visually striking environments.
2. Innovative Window Solutions - Developing unique window treatments and designs can transform the aesthetic appeal of buildings and provide dynamic visuals.
3. Emotive Building Elements - Incorporating simple yet impactful elements, such as silkscreen blinds, can evoke emotions and create a sense of intrigue within architectural designs.
1. Architecture - Architecture firms can leverage the trend of vibrant colors and innovative window solutions to differentiate their designs and attract clients seeking visually appealing structures.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can explore colorful architectural elements and window treatments to create visually stimulating and emotionally engaging spaces.
3. Real Estate Development - Real estate developers can incorporate emotive building elements, such as vibrant colors and unique window solutions, to enhance the visual allure of their properties and attract potential buyers or tenants.