Ever think of paring your iPad with an equally flat keyboard? Turn your head to 'Cool Leaf' by Minebea Co, a newly-launched keyboard collection.
Not only does 'Cool Leaf' by Minebea Co have the uber-flat computer keyboards, but the set also includes remote controllers and calculators, all of which are stunning.
These peripherals aren't just pretty, though--they pack a tech-friendly punch too. The characters on the mirror-panel in the keyboard above, for example, use a light guide plate-type backlight.
Implications - In an effort to commercialize the product, Minebea adopted a new film from Toray Industries and incorporated into the flat top. This adoption has allowed Minebea to succeed in its implementation of an input mechanism that combines an electrostatic capacity touch panel with a load sensor.
'Cool Leaf' by Minebea Co Says Sayonara to Raised Buttons
1. Flat Keyboard Trend - Companies can innovate by creating sleek, stylish and flat keyboards which provide improved mobility for users.
2. Integration of Backlighting Into Keyboards - Businesses can explore the development of backlighting techniques for keyboards to improve visibility and user experience.
3. Film Adoption for Flat Panels - Industries can adopt film technology to enable implementation of input mechanisms that combine touch panels and load sensors for improved accuracy.
1. Technology - The technology industry can leverage the trend towards sleek flat keyboards by introducing new models that are compatible with different devices.
2. Design - Designers can create innovative keyboard designs that incorporate backlighting and film technology for improved visibility and accuracy.
3. Manufacturing - Manufacturers can adopt film technology and other innovations to create keyboards with flat panels that incorporate functionality beyond typing.