A Chinese condom manufacture Guilin Latex hosted a condom fashion show where condoms of different colors, flavors and sizes were used to make dresses, hats, a wedding dress, night gowns, bikinis, a clock, lollipops (Ew) and other stuff. The ew, gross! factor was very high for me here.
Implications - As grossing people out has been a proven way of getting a large audience buzzing, companies can explore doing weird, wild and extravagant stunts to get public attention. Exploring the "ew" factor is definitely a strategy that will can bring a lot of attention to an event or to a brand. Sometimes it may be just the exposure they need to get going.
Guilin Fashion Show
1. Condom Fashion - By incorporating condoms into fashion, brands can create innovative and attention-grabbing designs.
2. Outlandish Stunts - Companies can generate buzz and public attention by embracing bizarre and extravagant PR stunts.
3. Ew Factor Marketing - Exploring the gross-out factor can be an effective strategy for attracting a large audience and generating exposure for brands or events.
1. Fashion/retail - Fashion brands can experiment with incorporating unconventional materials like condoms into their designs.
2. Public Relations/marketing - PR firms can leverage outrageous stunts and the gross-out factor to create viral campaigns for their clients.
3. Event Planning - Event planners can consider incorporating elements of shock value and the ew factor to make events more memorable and attention-grabbing.