Material Immaterial Studio creates its concrete jewelry designs to celebrate the profession of architecture. The collection, dubbed Chimera, consists of seven brooches and necklaces that boast "a miniature world of geometric forms" that modulate light to regulate shade and color, as well as challenge perception through structures that subtly induce illusion.
Material Immaterial Studio pairs its collection of concrete jewelry designs with philosophical concepts. The firm based Chimera on "the omnipotence of dreams and the undirected play of thought." This gives a story behind each piece and its direction relies solely on the one who is interpreting it.
Highly sculptural and incredibly detail-oriented, Material Immaterial Studio's CHIMERA collection has the power to elevate one's aesthetic not only with regard to fashion but in reference to meaning and perception, as well.
Material Immaterial Studio's Line Has an Architectural Twist
1. Architectural-themed Jewelry Designs - Creating jewelry designs inspired by architecture presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry.
2. Geometric Manipulation of Light - Exploring how geometric forms can modulate light to regulate shade and color opens up disruptive innovation possibilities in the lighting industry.
3. Concept-driven Jewelry Collections - Developing jewelry collections that incorporate philosophical concepts provides an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the jewelry industry.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can benefit from incorporating architectural-themed jewelry designs to offer unique and innovative products to customers.
2. Lighting - The lighting industry can explore the use of geometric forms to create innovative lighting solutions that play with shades, colors, and perception.
3. Jewelry - The jewelry industry can tap into concept-driven collections to create meaningful and unique designs that resonate with customers.