The conceptual 'Puzzle Table' has been designed by Siyu Lou as a furniture piece for the modern home to support inhabitants when working or enjoying a meal. The table consists of a relatively unassuming all-white design that features a series of puzzle pieces that vary in size on the top section of the furniture piece. These puzzle pieces are meant to be removed and used as a small tray for carrying a coffee or even as a lap desk when working from the couch.
The conceptual 'Puzzle Table' creates a sense of narrative by immediately making it look unfinished when a piece is removed. This could encourage an inhabitant to hunt it down and put it back in place for a tidier space.
The Conceptual 'Puzzle Table' by Siyu Lou Intentionally Comes Apart
1. Modular Furniture - Opportunity for furniture companies to explore new designs and products that allow customers to customize their own furniture pieces through a modular concept.
2. Multi-functional Furniture - There is potential for furniture businesses to create designs that serve more than one function, such as the 'Puzzle Table' that also doubles as a small tray and lap desk.
3. Interactive Design - There is a growing market for furniture that creates an engaging experience, such as the 'Puzzle Table' that encourages interaction and rearrangement.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Furniture companies can create new products and designs that incorporate modularity and multi-functionality concepts like the 'Puzzle Table'.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can recommend and incorporate interactive furniture designs into residential and commercial projects.
3. Home Goods Retail - Retail businesses can showcase and offer unique interactive furniture designs like the 'Puzzle Table' to appeal to consumers in a crowded market.