If you are the kind of person who could be described as 'Pinteresty' and enjoys putting flowers in food, this homemade compound butter will be right up your alley. Created by Gina Matsoukas from the food blog Running to the Kitchen, the Blueberry Lavender Honey Butter recipe is a mixture that can be used to enhance flavor in other dishes, like scones, biscuits, cookies, crostinis and more.
Made from scratch using a stand mixer, the compound butter is for people who like the idea of pioneers and hand-churned butter, but also know technology and modern appliances have their place. Using fresh blueberries, lavender, honey, sea salt and cold heavy cream you can recreate this recipe at home. It also makes a thoughtful gift.
This Homemade Compound Butter Switches Things Up in the Kitchen
1. Edible Flowers - The trend of incorporating edible flowers in food items is on the rise and presents opportunities for food and beverage businesses to develop unique, visually appealing products.
2. Homemade Products - There is a growing trend towards making homemade food products which presents opportunities for home-based startups to offer artisanal and bespoke compounds and spreads.
3. Specialty Food Ingredients - Consumers are increasingly interested in purchasing specialty ingredients, such as lavender, that elevate flavor and add unique characteristics to common foods. The food and beverage industry can tap into this trend by incorporating exotic ingredients into their product lines.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can develop unique products using lavender and other specialty ingredients in response to the trend of incorporating decorative yet edible flowers in different food items.
2. Home-based Startups - This presents an opportunity for home-based startups to offer artisanal products like homemade Blueberry Lavender spreads and lavender infused butters to meet the growing demand for homemade, natural and specialty food products.
3. Organic Farming - The trend of using natural and organic ingredients to create homemade condiments and spreads can present an opportunity for organic farmers to market their produce to people who produce artisanal spreads at home.