Los Angeles-based streetwear imprint PLEASURES works in collaboration with musical development app WAV on an exclusive ComplexCon collection. The joint collection will be available exclusively at the ComplexCon event taking place on November 3rd and 4th in Long Beach, California. It is comprised of four limited-edition graphic pieces that draw design inspiration from the underground 90s grunge culture -- it is the culture that serves as the foundation of many leading hip-hop artists today.
The apparel boasts images taken by photographer and author Charles Peterson -- his work captures behind-the-scenes authentic snapshots. His work features artists such as Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Kurt Cobain. This also marks WAV's first steps into the fashion territory. The pieces in the new collection will be given away for free at the WAV booth at ComplexCon when attendees download the WAV app.
PLEASURES and WAV Drop an Exclusive ComplexCon Collection
1. Music-centric Apparel - The fusion of streetwear and music creates an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the apparel industry.
2. Limited-edition Collections - The creation of exclusive and limited collections, such as the PLEASURES and WAV collection, can disrupt traditional retail models by creating hype and exclusivity around products.
3. Collaborations Between Brands - Collaborations between brands, particularly between fashion and musical sectors, provide the opportunity for disruptive innovation in both industries.
1. Fashion - Fashion industry players can leverage music collaborations and exclusive, limited-edition collections to create innovative marketing campaigns.
2. Music - Music industry players can disrupt traditional business models by expanding their market reach through collaborations with other industries, such as fashion and apparel.
3. Event - Event organizers can create unique and exclusive experiences, such as giveaways for exclusive limited-edition collections, to disrupt traditional event models and attract more attendees.