The Companhia Athletica No Fat Excuses ad campaign is very self-explanatory. It urges people to shed their excuses just like they would shed those extra pounds around their butts and bellies. Instead of being lazy and reactive, this ad campaign encourages people to be lively and proactive.
Created by São Paulo-based ad agency DDB, the Companhia Athletica No Fat Excuses ad campaign centers around three minimalist posters. Each one features a cartoonish man or woman who has had their problem area turned into a speech bubble. This speech bubble highlights some very common excuses such as "I'll make it my New Year's resolution." The campaign was art directed by André Vervloet with illustrations by Gustavo Victorino.
The Companhia Athletica No Fat Excuses Campaign Promotes Proactiveness
1. Minimalist Poster Ads - Opportunity for businesses to create eye-catching and straightforward ad campaigns using minimalist poster designs.
2. Promoting Proactiveness - Opportunity for businesses to encourage customers to be proactive rather than reactive in their approach.
3. Cartoonish Illustrations - Opportunity for businesses to utilize cartoonish illustrations to convey messages in a playful and relatable manner.
1. Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity for advertising agencies to leverage minimalist poster designs to create impactful ad campaigns.
2. Fitness - Disruptive innovation opportunity for fitness centers or companies to promote a proactive and positive mindset towards exercising and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
3. Artistry - Disruptive innovation opportunity for illustrators and designers to explore the use of cartoonish illustrations in marketing and advertising.