From Mickey Mouse to Bugs Bunny, the Comme des Garcons Fall/Winter 2013 collection pays homage to the iconic cartoon characters of our childhood. Wigged models took to the runway stage, sporting the Japanese label's latest textured garments that were paired with animal ear accessory pieces.
From eclectic tapestry prints to a sea of pastel hues, this runway presentation embraced bold textile pairings. Mixing embellished knits, sleek jackets and exaggerated shapes, the collection featured a quirky concept that epitomized the Japanese label's signature design aesthetic.
The Comme des Garcons Fall/Winter 2013 collection showcased its warm and cozy wardrobe staples in a palette fit for the Spring/Summer seasons. Subtle prints and prim pastels were paired with pom pom accents that contributed to an overall androgynous inspiration.
The Comme des Garcons Fall/Winter 2013 Collection is Childlike
1. Iconic Cartoon Characters - Explore opportunities for collaborations with cartoon brands to create unique and nostalgic fashion collections.
2. Textured Garments - Develop innovative techniques and materials to create visually interesting and tactile garments.
3. Androgynous Inspiration - Create gender-neutral fashion designs that challenge traditional notions of masculinity and femininity.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can incorporate elements of iconic cartoon characters and experiment with textured garments to create unique and eye-catching collections.
2. Textile - Textile manufacturers can develop new materials and techniques to cater to the demand for textured and visually interesting garments.
3. Entertainment - Cartoon and entertainment companies can explore fashion collaborations that bring beloved characters to life and appeal to nostalgic consumers.