This colorful maternity ward employs the signature whimsical aesthetic approach of London-based designer Adam Nathaniel Furman. He achieves this through the incorporation of various nuances and geometric figures on tiles. The mosaic adorns the reception and entry areas of the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
For the venture, Adam Nathaniel Furman was funded by a donation from the Reuben Foundation. He has titled his work 'Radiance,' drawing inspiration from the "theme of birth and rebirth." The playfully colorful maternity ward is part of a greater project that seeks to alleviate patient anxiety and create a comfortable environment by way of "combining digital, visual and performing arts with design." These artistic projects are commissioned on a rotating basis by the healthcare institution's official charity, CW+.
Image Credit: Gareth Gardener
Adam Nathaniel Furman Accents the Chelsea & Westminster Hospital
1. Whimsical Design - Opportunity for design firms to incorporate playful and colorful aesthetics in healthcare spaces, creating a more uplifting environment for patients.
2. Artistic Integrations - Chance for artists and healthcare institutions to collaborate in creating visually engaging spaces that promote healing and well-being.
3. Multi-disciplinary Approach - Growing trend of combining various art forms, digital technologies, and design principles to enhance patient experience in healthcare settings.
1. Interior Design - Design firms specializing in healthcare spaces can offer innovative and vibrant solutions to create visually stimulating environments for patients.
2. Healthcare - Opportunity for hospitals and healthcare institutions to invest in artistic projects that improve patient experience and reduce anxiety.
3. Fine Arts - Artists and performers can explore collaborations with healthcare organizations to utilize their skills in creating healing environments through visual and performing arts.