Inspired by MIT's Scratch, the Hopscotch app is designed to make programming and coding for kids fun, easy and unbeknownst to them, prep them with valuable skills for their futures. Computer Science is one of the most well paid and highly demanded jobs—it's anticipated that by 2020, there will be 400,000 students of Computer Science and over 1.4 million computer-related jobs up for grabs.
With the Hopscotch app, kids can make their own games, animations and apps with a simple drag and drop system. In addition to this, there are tons of other ways to get your characters to move around, including drawings, bumping them together, shaking, tilting or giving voice directions to an iPad.
The free-to-download award-winning app has gotten a ton of praise from parents and even a feature from Apple in its Education and Kids section.
The Hopscotch App Simplifies Coding for Kids
1. Child-friendly Coding - Developing coding and programming apps for kids is a growing trend to prepare them for future job opportunities.
2. Gamification of Learning - Gamifying educational experiences for kids is a disruptive innovation trend in the edtech industry.
3. Interactive Learning - Creating interactive learning experiences for kids through apps is an emerging trend in the education industry.
1. Education Technology (edtech) - Hopscotch app is disrupting the education industry by providing interactive and gamified coding experience for kids.
2. Software Development - The growing trend of creating child-friendly coding apps presents disruptive innovation opportunities for software developers.
3. Entertainment and Gaming - The trend of gamifying learning experiences for kids through apps presents disruptive innovation opportunities for entertainment and gaming industries.