Coca-Cola warned the education secretary it might withdraw its vending machines network from schools over her ban on "junk food", letters show. The company told her last November that the proposed ending of fizzy drinks sales would make the business unviable.
It said schools would lose money and pupils would suffer from the removal of such "a highly efficient country-wide beverage distribution system".
Implications - The societal obsession with image has always existed, however now more than ever, people are realizing image might be less important than healthy eating habits. A more health-conscious consumer market is expanding, and businesses that offer healthy-alternatives are the ones receiving the benefits of this.
1. Healthy School Vending - Companies that offer healthy vending machine options in schools can capitalize on the shift towards healthier eating habits.
2. Reducing Sugar Consumption - Businesses that provide sugar-free or low-sugar beverage options can capitalize on the growing trend towards reducing sugar consumption.
3. Digital Vending Machines - Digital vending machines that offer healthy snack and beverage options can disrupt the traditional vending machine market and cater to health-conscious consumers.
1. Healthy Food & Beverages - The healthy food and beverage industry can offer healthier options to schools looking for alternatives to junk food.
2. Fitness & Wellness - Businesses in the fitness and wellness industry can promote healthy eating habits and encourage their customers to opt for healthier snack and beverage options.
3. Vending Machines - The vending machine industry can adapt to the shift towards healthier eating habits by offering more healthy food and beverage options in their machines.