Microsoft announced that it will launch new dedicated cloud gaming hardware to the PC Xbox app and will focus on giving consumers options to play before they purchase.
Microsoft is planning to release the dedicated cloud gaming hardware later this year and is also working with TV manufactures to integrate the Xbox experience into a device's internet connection. However, Microsoft did not indicate what the device will look like and didn't release any further details.
Microsoft appears to be enthusiastic about the future of cloud gaming. Previously the company created Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, allowing subscribers to play over 100 console games.
“We believe that games, that interactive entertainment, aren’t really about hardware and software. It’s not about pixels. It’s about people. Games bring people together,” said Phil Spencer the Xbox Head at Microsoft.
Image Credit: Shutterstock
Microsoft Will Release New Cloud Gaming Features Later This Year
1. Cloud Gaming Hardware - Microsoft's plan to release dedicated cloud gaming hardware presents innovation opportunities in the gaming industry and a chance to revolutionize the way consumers access and play games.
2. Xbox Experience Integration - Microsoft is working with TV manufacturers to help integrate the Xbox experience into devices' internet connection which presents innovation opportunities to bridge the gap between gaming consoles and smart TVs.
3. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Xbox Game Pass Ultimate's success highlights the potential of subscription-based cloud gaming services to be the future of gaming and presents innovation opportunities for more gaming companies to follow suit.
1. Gaming Industry - The introduction of cloud gaming hardware and subscription-based gaming services presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the gaming industry that could revolutionize the way people access and play games.
2. TV Manufacturing Industry - Working with TV manufacturers to integrate the Xbox experience into smart TVs presents disruptive innovation opportunities and potential partnerships that could benefit both industries.
3. Internet Service Provider Industry - The increased demand for cloud gaming services and usage could present innovative business opportunities and partnerships between gaming companies and internet service providers.